It's not the lie, it is the fact you think I'm dumb enough to belive it.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

I am a pretty easy going person. I'm also loyal to a fault, and the one thing I am more than loyal is honest. So, I don't understand dishonesty. I actually loathe liars. I can forgive most transgressions against me, because we all make mistakes and no one is perfect. But, I can't bring myself to forgive a lie.
For two reasons, which both really come down to someome underestimating me. First, you're not telling me the truth because you think I can't handle it, or you think I will be so hurt or angry I won't forgive you. That stings. I believe I am a good person, with a good heart. I am far from judgemental, and when hurt I heal quickly. Please don't think I can't handle the truth, if you do, you're wrong. Second, you think I am dumb enough to not realize you're lying. I am far from dumb, and I know you're lying, but I'm gonna let you hang yourself.
I will play along with a lie for years. It starts out with me wanting to give you time to come clean. But, when you don't it builds into anger. Which is bad on my part,  because now I am the liar. I am working on calling people out on their lies. But, historically I've let the liar keep thinking I believe them.
The knowledge of the lie and resentment of the lie start with a small fire somewhere deep inside. This slowly builds into a raging forest fire that I cannot control. My anger comes out sideways. The liar eventually thinks I am not only dumb enough to believe their lies, but also a total raging psycho. So, you see lying is dumb.
If you feel like I have misplaced anger towards you, it's because I know you're lying to me and I've been waiting for you to come clean. The sooner, the better.

My motto in life is "Don't be a dick!" Being a liar is being a dick, don't do that dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan